01:615:201. Introduction to linguistic theory (3)
- Open to students of all levels. Required for the Linguistics major and minor.
- Prerequisite for all 300- and 400-level courses
- Structural properties of human language as illuminated by modern linguistic theory. Sentence-structure, sound-patterns, word-form, aspects of meaning. Principles of Universal Grammar.
- This course satisfies the Core Curriculum Learning Goals AHq "Understand the nature of human languages and their speakers" and QRx "Apply effective and efficient mathematical or other formal processes to reason and solve problems."
- Prof. Dayal's Syllabus for Fall 2013
- Dr. Szczegielniak's Syllabus for Fall 2013
If you would like to register for a section of this course, and it is closed, you may write to the Undergraduate Program Director (lingupd (at) rci.rutgers.edu) to request a Special Permission Number. Please include your RU ID Number in the email and include the reason why you cannot register for other sections that may be open.