01:615:394 Speech and Hearing Science (3) (online)
- Prerequisite: 01:615:201.
- Introduction to the fundamentals of speech and hearing science, as applicable to speech-language pathology and audiology. Students will develop an understanding of the basic physical properties of sound or pressure waves, learn about the acoustics and perception of speech, describe perceptual correlates related to these sound properties and the anatomy and physiology of the speech production and hearing mechanism related to these properties, and explain variability that occurs.
- Covers the prerequisite content to pursue a higher-level degree in the speech and hearing sciences.
- Michelle Erskine's Syllabus Spring 2022
- Michelle Erskine's Syllabus Spring 2023