455: Computational Linguistics (3)
- Prerequisites: 01:615:201 (Introduction to Linguistic Theory)
- An introduction to theoretical and practical issues in computational linguistics for linguistics majors. Students will learn basic programming techniques and apply them to the scientific study of language. Topics may include automata and formal language theory, regular expressions, syntactic and semantic parsing, functional programming, statistical methods, chatbots, and learning. No prior knowledge of programming or computer science is required.
- Professor Jardine's Syllabus Spring 2021
- Professor Charlow's Syllabus Fall 2021
- Professor Tyulina's Syllabus Spring 2023