01:615:407. Francophone Linguistics (3)
- Prerequisite: 01:615.201.
- A follow up to the intro to French syntax course 420:333.
- A demonstration of how principles and parameters in generative grammar adapt to account for a number of core phenomena in the syntax of French and Francophone dialects and Creoles, including Haitian Creole
- With focus on syntactic analysis and syntactic theorizing and argumentation, in particular, the major syntactic structures of French, its dialects and creoles and their relevance to linguistic theory
- Professor Deprez's syllabus for Fall 2016