01:615:433. Language Acquisition (3)
- (a) 01:615.201 (Introduction to Linguistic Theory)
- (b) 01:615:371/01:830:351 (Psychology of Language) OR 01:615:445/01:185:410 (Language and Cognition)
- (c) if neither of (b) have been taken, then TWO 300-level Linguistics courses
- Credit not given for both this course and 830:484
- In-depth investigation of the cognitive and neural bases of language acquisition, informed by state-of-the-art research in psychology, cognitive science, linguistics, and neuroscience.
- Topics covered: phonological, lexical, morphological, syntactic, and pragmatic development; word learning; bilingualism; learnability theory; atypical language acquisition and language disorders; and the neural bases of language acquisition.
- For sample syllabi, please see the Course Description on the Department of Psychology website.