01:615:101. Exploring language (3)
- Wide-ranging examination of human language as a social, cultural, cognitive, historical, and formal phenomenon.
- This course satisfies the Core Curriculum Learning Goal AHq "Understand the nature of human languages and their speakers."
- Prerequisite: None
- Open to students at all levels.
- Does not count towards major or minor credit.
- Not a prerequisite for any further linguistics course.
- Sample Syllabus for Fall 2017
- Prof. Messick's syllabus for Fall 2017 Honors
- Syllabus for Fall 2017 section 3